Friday, February 3, 2012

Teething Gels and Tablets


I have gone 8 1/2 months and 3 teeth without teething gel or tablets.  I had read somewhere that the FDA hadn't approved teething gels with benzocaine.  As a mother that of course worried me.  Of course though, some of the testing by the FDA hasn't always been done the right way.  But any who, I was recommended by my baby sitter to not rely on tylenol and go with the tablets and/or gel.
I was kind of hesitant and decided I had better just go ahead and get out to Target since I needed diapers and that is the only place now I can get them unless I go with Pampers and pay more.  I went through the baby section and couldn't find anything but teethers.  I went to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist what kind of teething things she could recommend.  She showed me the three items that she had.  It was two types of baby gels and baby oral gel swabs. The swabs were about $5 and only had 18 swabs.  Didn't really care for that because of how much I was going to get.  They though may be good for traveling.  One of the gels was for about $4.75 or $4.99 and then the other was for about $5.99.  The reason the other was a higher amount was because it was Hyland's Natural Teething gel.  It's suppose to be all natural.

I finally found the teething gels and tablets back in the baby department and there wasn't much of a selection.  I could have gone to Walmart but I didn't want to have to take the time to stop somewhere else, let alone the Walmart that is in our area.  Sometimes we have to wait 20 to purchase 3 items. 

Savanna has tried the tablets and they work.  It takes a little bit for it to kick but once it did for her, she was able to calm down and go to sleep.  It doesn't put her to sleep but the pain was gone so she could. I have to say I like the tablets and they weren't hard to give.  The tablets dissolve in 5 seconds when I put them under Savanna's tongue.  I have to say, these are a lot easier to give than tylenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment