Thursday, April 4, 2013

Picking Your Battles

I ended up carrying my daughter upside down as she is laughing while going through the grocery store.  That was better instead of her crying which she was doing just moments ago.  An older lady looked at us and says to me, "You have to pick your battles."  So I'm carrying her this way, get my shopping done and go home.

I made meatless spaghetti with vegetables and some plain vegetables for supper and ate my spaghetti that had the vegetables mixed.  I watch my daughter eat all the plain vegetables which contained broccoli, cauliflower and carrots while leaving her noodles and sauced cover vegetables alone and saying yucky.  I didn't push the issue of leaving her other food on the plate because she ate vegetables.  I let her have as much plain vegetables as she wanted.

For bedtime, she threw a fit about going to bed.  She didn't want to lay down in Momma's bed and didn't want to lay down in her bed.  She ended up laying down on the floor in her tent.  Happy medium.  She goes to sleep and I don't didn't care where...For the most part.

As I have been thinking about what this lady said to me, I realized that as a mother, I really do need to pick my battles.  Even at almost 2 years old, I need to think, "What's it going to hurt?"



No comments:

Post a Comment