Friday, February 10, 2012

Scotch-A-Roos


When I was in high school, whenever there was a party in homeroom, I was always asked to bring Scotcharoos.  It's peanut butter rice crispies with a topping of melted chocolate chips.  My mother and I changed the recipe though and added melted peanut butter and chocolate chips on top.  So yummy.  Brings back memories.  The recipes calls for 1 cup sugar and 1 cup corn syrup.  Melt those together and then add 1 cup peanut butter and 6 cups rice crispies.  Lightly put this in a pan and then you can either add 2 cups melted chocolate chips on top or 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup peanut butter chips.  I actually think the original recipe called for 1 cup butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.  Either way, for the topping you could probably do what your tongue is craving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment