Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What to Take to Daycare/Sitter's

There comes a time when a mother has to return to work after the baby is born.  When that time comes, you will need to make sure that your baby has everything that he/she will need if your child is not going to be able to stay home with a sitter. I have made a list of things that you will need.

*A change of clothes and socks
*Bottles
*Breast milk or formula
*Diapers
*Wipes
*Diaper rash cream
*Baby powder
*Baby food when the time comes
*Baby Snacks
*Tylenol or teething medication
*Blanket
*Jacket or coat
*Hat
*Car seat

These are all things that I send over with my daughter when she goes to the babysitter.  There may be other things I am missing but this is really all I send over.  Some of these things your sitter may have like the blankets.  I send one over right now because the blanket I send over goes over the car seat when my daughter goes out with the babysitter.  It is nice to send the car seat because I understand that my sitter may need to run errands.  When Savanna gets out of the pumpkin seat as I call it, I will still need to send the other car seat over.  Even if your sitter has a child of its own that uses wipes, you will still need to send wipes with your child.  Those do add up when they get used for more than one poopy diaper.  Now I know I'm probably forgetting a couple of things but this is really all I send over for the babysitter to properly care for Savanna.  

For me, I'm able to leave a whole bag of diapers, food, wipes, and clothes at my sitter's house.  She likes it this way because moms don't have to worry about packing a diaper bag and she doesn't have to dig in a diaper bag to fine food and so on.  I have been known to leave my breast milk in her freezer because why take it home when Savanna is coming back over the next day.  All this though is really up to what daycare and the sitter's rules or what they want are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment