Friday, November 23, 2012

A Pocketful of Dinosaurs



Title:  A Pocketful of Dinosaurs
Author:  Scott Gordon
Type:  Children's Non-Fiction
Main Characters:  Types of Dinosaurs


A Pocketfull of Dinosaurs By Scott Gordon

This is the first time I have read anything by Scott Gordon and I have to say that I want to read more.  I wish this book was around when my aunt was still reading books to her children for the love dinosaurs!  I really liked how the pronunciation was below each name of the dinosaurs because it really helped on the names that I didn't know.  I have to say, if you watch "Dinosaur Train" on PBS, you will know some of these dinosaurs.  There was nothing that I didn't care to have in the book.

The book goes over a few of the dinosaurs while giving facts about them and some dino history and theories like why aren't dinosaurs aren't around anymore except the smaller ones that fit in your pocket.  He even listed some links for dinosaur research and dinosaur exhibits.  At the end of the book, if you liked this book, Scott Gordon, lists a few of his other books that I will be looking into.  I really want to read his book "Taming Your Pet Monster:  An Operational Guide".  



No comments:

Post a Comment