Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Bee Who Was Different

The Bee Who Was Different by Kurt Zimmerman is a great book to teach kids about kids who are different from them.  This little bee names Barry couldn't walk or fly and was stuck in the hive using a wheelchair while the other bees went off outside and played for one had to fly to get there.  Well there was the one day incident and Barry saved the day.  I wouldn't want to tell you what happened because then I would spoil the book for you and I hate when people ruin a book for me.  It's so much worst than saying what happens in the end of a movie.

I just hate the fact that it took this the incident before he had friends.  So maybe when you read this story and you talk to your child about how they relate, point out how not to exclude people because they are different. And I really have to say, that was the one thing that bothered me about this book.






No comments:

Post a Comment