Friday, January 20, 2012

Can't Live Without

There are things I don't I could have lived without during my new life with Savanna.  And it might be little things to you who may read this but it made a difference.

First of all, I probably couldn't have made it without Desatin.  Diaper rash cream for the butt.  This last summer when Savanna and I would go out, she would get these.  I think it was mostly a heat rash from having a wet diaper and then the heat add to it.

Receiving blankets came in handy and not just to swaddle her in.  Early on in breast feeding, I had to have wrapped around Savanna's chin and chest and then some of the blanket placed underneath my breast because she would dribble all over the place.  She would then proceed to dribble on my stomach.   I think I went through 15 blankets a week because of this and I didn't really use burp clothes because they weren't big enough

I got a swing and a vibrating chair in one at a baby shower.  I could latch it and let it sit still or unhook the latch and let it swing back and forth.  That chair came in handy to get Savanna asleep and it was a place for her to sit and see what was going on around her until she got too big for it.

Short sleeve onesies was great for the summer.  I didn't know that until we experienced the hot summer days and then being in a car seat didn't help.  Those were nice because they were thin and helped kept Savanna cooler than dressing her up in cute t-shirts and shorts.  To think of adding shorts on top of a diaper...I don't think I would like that.

Teething rings or little stuff for Savanna to chew on is great.  Course she will chew on just about anything these days.  The teething rings either cold or room temperature will get chewed on by Savanna.  She don't care as long as she can drool and chew on it.

 As the teething began, tylenol became my best friend.  It would help lessen the pain and help with whatever fevers came along.  I don't give it to her all the time.  I only give it to her when it seems like the pain is at the worst or she actually does a temperature.  I have yet to give her ibuprofen because the doctor doesn't want her to have any even though she is of the age to have some.  

So these are a few things that will come in handy as your new born grows according to me.  I'm glad that I had the items available to help with Savanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment