Friday, January 20, 2012

Diapers And Wipes

So in research that I didn't get too far into today led to a woman's blog talking about mostly the cost of formula and breast feeding.  The last paragraph of her blog contained the cost of just diapers and wipes.

This short paragraph about maybe 5 sentences told me that diapers would cost about $80-$150.  I was just floored by that.  Just because of one fact that I haven't spent that much diapers.  The most has been about $40 a month.  The brand diapers I normally use is Target's Up & Up.  I love them.  I currently have a box of Walmart's brand Parent's Choice and I'm kinda regretting it.  They don't seem to last over night like Up & Up.  I picked up a pack of 180 for $25.  Now I know why they were cheap.  

And as mentioned that this short paragraph contained some cost of wipes.  I read it and the cost of wipes according to this lady was about $30-$50 a month.  To be honest, I only pay about $10 a month on wipes.  Again, I like Walmart's brand Parent's Choice.  I just which the type I used and have to try on Savanna.  We were using the sensitive one and those were about 216 wipes for $4.77.  I just got a new pack of 240 wipes for the same price.  I try Target's Up & Up sensitive but it didn't agree with Savanna's skin.  We could use Huggies on her but to me it's really not worth the money even the the Parent's Choice wipes say they can't flushed down the toilet because they are made with real cloth.  Interesting concept for wipes.

To say the least I just couldn't believe the cost of diapers.  They are just to get pooped in and thrown away.  I don't buy the expensive ones. I have found my favorite brands that I like and will use.  There are options to take into consideration besides just couponing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment