Saturday, January 21, 2012

Clothing Brands


As I have bought clothes and gotten them, I have always had to be aware of size.  I learned after this past Christmas, I need to be a little more specific on clothing sizes.  I was a local kids shop and I asked the lady what was the difference between 24 months and 2T.  Her reply was the brand of the clothing.  

So Savanna got some clothes for Christmas.  She doesn't quite fit some 12 month clothing.  She fits most of the tops but the bottoms are a no go.  It wasn't until the last month that she started fitting most of her 6-9 bottoms.  I thought I would try a pair of pants on her to see how too big they were.  The problem was they were too long.  I then got the crazy idea to try them on my best friend's kid who I watch.  Natalie wears 18 mth-24 mth/2T.  These pants that I tried on Savanna fit Natalie.  I really can't believe that these pants are that big for I know that the tops that go with it won't fit Natalie and they fit Savanna now.  

So as my grandma was giving me clothes, I was asking her about clothing sizes.  She said that there was no 9-12 month clothing.  She told me it went from 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and then 12 months.  Now from what I seen in some clothing brand, they do follow that pattern.  Old Navy though, has the size 6-12 months.  Not sure why that is, but it is something that they do.  The only problem I have with them is they fit Savanna pretty in the bottom area, but they are little long and don't fit around the waist.

I don't know what problems other mothers have except my family.  I have a cousin who wears a like a size 5 in t-shirts but only fits size 3T-4T in pants that are too short.  I'm sure though that it's common to have problems with getting the size you think will fit doesn't but getting something else with the same size marked it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment