Friday, February 17, 2012

LiceGuard Robi Comb


I'm sure there are parents who have had the battles with head lice.  You go to your local pharmacy or Walmart and while looking at every single product for head lice remedy, it can be confusing as to what to get.  My boyfriend and I aren't into the whole chemicals being used on children.  We don't like to give medicine unless need to be.  I don't know where my boyfriend had heard about it, but I ended up getting this electric comb runs through the child's hair from Walmart.  It's pretty easy to use and there are no chemicals involve.  I know now you're thinking about the electricity part but a person can touch the comb and be ok.  It only takes a AA battery to power the device.  

For the last two time's my step-daughter has gotten head lice, we have used this product along with putting mayo in her hair.  The problem though is the child's hair has to combed through for 3-4 weeks to insure the lice is gone.  I bought this comb about 4 years ago and at the time it cost me at the most $25.  I honestly think it was just a little less than that but more than $20.  When using this comb though, you still need to clean house and wash all the bedding and everything else like you normally would in hot water and dry on the highest setting.  I normally use this spray for the carpet, furniture and anything else that can't be washed.  For the stuffed animals and pillows, I just put them in plastic bags and leave them be for 2 months just to be safe.  There are draw backs using this product but I have to say for myself, I would rather use this comb and not the lice killing chemical products. 





No comments:

Post a Comment